Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well... dang it

We're still not pregnant and it just gets harder and harder to deal with the let down. I know that I'm not the only one going through these kinds of hard times, but it's a personal challenge that is getting harder and harder for me to deal with. I know that the Lord has His own time table and He will bless us when the time is right, but I can't help but think every now and again, why not now? Why not us? And I have such a hard time when teenage kids get pregnant (like my 17 yr old brother-in-law and his 16 yr old girlfriend, I love them and will be there for them, but I'm selfish and this has been very hard for me) or people who aren't married or who aren't following the principles of the church get pregnant... basically anyone who just gets pregnant just because and who aren't making the best decisions and who just don't "get it"... it just break my heart and I just feel sad for myself. I know that's not the right attitude to have, but sometime I just can't help it. I need to be better. Really, I am excited for them to have such a precious blessing. It truly is exciting when a new spirit is brought to earth, and I truly am happy for them. It just gets hard some days.

On a different note, Jed has changed his major from Pre-Vet/Animal Science to Ag. Business. He seems to very happy with the change and the long term advantages. He's not completely shutting door on vet. school, but just taking a change for a semester. I'm secretly thrilled because it means he can be done with school in two years instead of ten, however I will be loving and supportive of whatever career decision he makes. After graduation Jed will have many different job opportunities and I think he's pretty excited about that. We've been extended a potential job offer in Saratoga, Wy working on the Overland Trail Cattle Co. It's approx. 490,000 acres/488 sq miles of ranch. The Platte River runs through 22 miles of it. It's gorgeous. Our good buddy Tyler Hamilton is the Cattle Manager for the ranch our there and he's the one who is trying to get Jed a permanent job there after graduation. I'm pretty excited about it!

Other than that, we're just getting through day by day. We still love each other unconditionally. We're crazy about each other. We're healthy and strong. Our dogs, Little Bear Lacey Lou, our cat Walt, and our fish Mike are great and entertaining. We've got amazing friends, I'm so excited for Gabe and Carlie, who get married Oct. 14th of this year. They are wonderful and great friends and we wish them the best. I feel totally blessed to have Joe and Jency back in Cache Valley, even for a short time, I feel very grateful for their friendship and I'm excited to make some fun memories this fall/winter.I'm especially excited for our girls weekend. I'd like to thank all of you who read this, I love you and appreciate that you care. I couldn't be happier for Ashley and Matt to welcome their baby boy home in just a few short weeks and wish them the very best. I'm excited for my brothers season of football, so far 2-0 and going strong. I'm grateful for my family, both on Jed's side and mine, for their continued love and support. I'm thankful for the Gospel in my life and the peace, hope, and joy is brings to my life. We just got called and sustained to be Webelo cub scout leaders together and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm excited that Fall is here. I love Fall! But mostly I'm eternally grateful for my husband. He is my life, my whole world. I'm so thankful for him, for his love, patience, ability to make me laugh. I could not ask for better.

I Love You, Jed Wayne Pugsley. Always and Forever, I Love You.

6 comments:

  1. I know that it hard watching others, and not getting the blessings yourself. I'm feeling the same way, I'm wanting to settle down and start a family and question it every day. Why not me, but its just being patient and knowing our Loving Heavenly Father has special blessing for each of us, but its on his time not ours. So just be patient and things will all work out for the best, thats what I keep telling myself each and everytime I hear a friend gets engaged or starts dating. I love your blog and it makes me feel as if i'm still a part of your lives. Keep on blogging and until that special blessing comes along, enjoy your time together alone, you'll be wanting it back once babies come into the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cami, k so there is this book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is a very popular book in my ward right now! It is super great information and it may be helpful in the getting pregnant process. Just keep enjoy trying and we will pray for you two:D I love you Cami Jo! Gosh we need to get together. Let's do it k?!
    ps the book is by Toni Weschler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami, just wanted you to know that i was thinking about you! It looks like Yellowstone was way fun and you guys will be awesome cub scout leaders! See ya Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami, I can't say that I understand what you're going through, but I just wanted you to know that I like reading your blog and I think about you. Keep praying and remember that even though I don't understand Christ does and he knows what you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cami! i love you! i love reading your blog! i love that we're friends! i love that in 1 MONTH we will live in the same city! haha and when that little one does come, its gonna be one lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you girly! I'm so so so glad to be your friend! And I'm always here for you whenever you need me!

    ReplyDelete